Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic is $24.09
What Do Machinery Maintenance Mechanics Do?
A machinery maintenance mechanic is responsible for ensuring that equipment continues to operate at acceptable levels. First and foremost, a machinery maintenance mechanic is responsible for performing regular maintenance and inspections of equipment; this may involve visual inspections, as well as tasks such as operating a robot to perform a diagnostic test. Aside from general inspection and maintenance, this mechanic responds to requests when a machine breaks down or otherwise malfunctions. …Read more
- Repair, install, adjust or maintain machinery.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Maintain work and shop area and stock tools, parts and supplies.
- Complete written record of work performed.
- Complete repairs and parts replacements.