Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Maintenance Mechanic is $21.71
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Maintenance Mechanics?
An entry-level Maintenance Mechanic with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.43 based on 68 salaries. An early career Maintenance Mechanic with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.47 based on 1,342 salaries. …Read more
What Do Maintenance Mechanics Do?
Maintenance mechanics work with large production machines, typically in factories. They oversee the machine’s performance and upkeep. Maintenance mechanics coordinate the maintenance of a machine with managers of the organization. Unless a machine breaks down, maintenance typically occurs during during off-peak hours so production continues efficiently. Mechanics clean the machine entirely by removing parts and cleaning thoroughly. They oil or lubricate moving parts so that they continue …Read more
- Maintain work and shop area and stock tools, parts and supplies.
- Complete written record of work performed.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Complete repairs and parts replacements.
- Repair, install, adjust or maintain machines or vehicles.