Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Maintenance Mechanic is $21.64
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Maintenance Mechanics?
An entry-level Maintenance Mechanic with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.12 based on 22 salaries. An early career Maintenance Mechanic with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.30 based on 646 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Maintenance Mechanics Do?
Maintenance mechanics work with large production machines, typically in factories. They oversee the machine’s performance and upkeep. Maintenance mechanics coordinate the maintenance of a machine with managers of the organization. Unless a machine breaks down, maintenance typically occurs during during off-peak hours so production continues efficiently. Mechanics clean the machine entirely by removing parts and cleaning thoroughly. They oil or lubricate moving parts so that they continue …Read more
- Complete repairs and parts replacements.
- Repair, install, adjust or maintain machines or vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Maintain work and shop area and stock tools, parts and supplies.
- Complete written record of work performed.