Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Maintenance Supervisor / Superintendent is $75,929
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Maintenance Supervisor / Superintendents?
An early career Maintenance Supervisor / Superintendent with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,644 based on 27 salaries. A mid-career Maintenance Supervisor / Superintendent with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $71,049 based …Read more
What Do Maintenance Supervisor / Superintendents Do?
A maintenance superintendent is responsible for maximizing their plant's capabilities while minimizing production costs. To this end, the superintendent is responsible for personnel management, budgeting, operations, and project management.
Among the superintendent's personnel management functions are delegating tasks, overseeing productivity, providing additional training, recruiting new employees, and terminating problematic employees. For budgeting, the maintenance superintendent creates …Read more
- Keep the building in a clean and orderly condition by examining the building on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Supervise maintenance staff and outside contractors.
- Supervise maintenance of landscaping and upkeep of grounds equipment.
- Perform or arrange for general building and fixture repairs.
- Supervise all general building maintenance.