Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Managing Attorney is $104,210
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Managing Attorneys?
An early career Managing Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $76,708 based on 18 salaries. A mid-career Managing Attorney with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $98,425 based on 48 salaries. An experienced Managing …Read more
What Do Managing Attorneys Do?
Managing attorneys are the backbone of any law firm and oversee all office operations. Their basic duty is to coordinate and operate the firm as a business while maintaining and promoting relationships with clients and associates. They are also responsible for budgeting expenses and advising fellow associates, clients, and firm volunteers. Other responsibilities include recruiting, training, mentoring, hiring, case review/assignment, and creating an efficient, well-structured team, all while …Read more
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.