Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Mason is $21.47
What Do Masons Do?
A good Mason is familiar with working in poured concrete and concrete block, as well as working with bricks. A Mason's work involves forming structures using concrete and advising carpenters in the building of forms and their placement. A Mason needs to be able to check vertical and horizontal alignment, ensuring that the masonry work is level. A Mason needs to know how to install anchors and reinforcements by bending and spacing according to a given set of specifications. He or she needs to be …Read more
- Form structures of concrete and advise carpenters in building of forms and placement.
- Check vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Prepare concrete and mortar.
- Lay stone, brick, blocks and other materials to form structures.
- Install anchors and reinforcements by bending and spacing according to specifications.