The average pay for a Massage Therapist in Tacoma, Washington is $32.00 per hour.
Job Description for Massage Therapist
Massage therapists are responsible for a variety of muscle and soft tissue manipulation for their clients for pain relief, stress relief, and other health benefits. Many massage therapists have their own client-bases and, depending on their levels of expertise, may run significant businesses.Read More...
Massage therapists often work in spas, health clubs, and hotels, and many work independently. Most massage therapists work on their own, so it is important that they develop a client-base and establish themselves as professionals; those who can maintain client-bases over the years may have highly successful careers.
Although educational requirements are not strict for this position, many states require that massage therapists are licensed; this varies from state to state, and some may be more stringent than others. There is a variety of schools which offer training in massage therapy nationwide.
There are no set hours for a massage therapist, as their hours depend heavily on their clientele and when they are needed. Many massage therapists work throughout the day, sometimes in the evening and nights, and often on weekends. Many also opt to do massage therapy as a part-time job to supplement income. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Massage Therapist Tasks
- Confer with clients about problems with stress, pain and their medical history to determine whether massage would be helpful.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response and progress records.
- Instruct clients about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
- Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body to treat medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance.
- Develop and propose client treatment plan.
Massage Therapist Job Listings
Key Stats for Massage Therapist
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 4 votes.