Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Master Electrician is $25.94
What Do Master Electricians Do?
The title "master electrician" typically refers to a type of electrician who has achieved mastery of their trade. They usually oversee electrician apprentices and journeymen electricians on residential, industrial, and commercial electrical jobs. Typically, a master electrician schedules jobs in phases during a planning stage and ensure that all needed parts, materials, and components have been ordered in advance for the completion of the job.
A master electrician, in general, has different …Read more
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and tools, to locate the cause of a problem.
- Install, terminate and splice 120/208/240/480 volt cables.
- Read and interpret construction drawings electrical, mechanical and architectural.
- Perform and interpret power calculations, power factor, insulation tests and positive relay tests as required.
- Install complicated conduit and control systems.