Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Mechanic Foreman is $26.04
What Do Mechanic Foremen Do?
The title of mechanic foreman is given to craftsmen who also function in a supervisory role for a work site. This is a hands-on position that requires substantial field work, but also requires the training and guidance of other technicians on the job. The exact duties in this role depend on the company, but positions are common in fields such as HVAC, construction, and plumbing. Mechanic foreman positions require extensive experience in the field with the related equipment. Most jobs also …Read more
- Supervise and coordinate mechanics, schedules, and project priorities.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Inspect, examine, and test buildings, equipment, parts, or vehicles to determine condition and necessary work.
- Estimate project costs and timelines.
- Order parts and supplies, and ensure appropriate inventory to complete jobs.