The average hourly pay for a Medical Assistant at Wal-Mart Stores, Inc is $12.29.
Is Medical Assistant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$0 - $12
$18,896 - $34,913
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Medical Assistant
Most of the time, medical assistants work in doctors’ offices, hospitals, or medical clinics. They prepare treatment rooms to make sure that they are clean. They walk patients from waiting rooms to examination or treatment rooms. They interview patients. They take patients’ vital signs, such as temperature, weight, and blood pressure. They write down other information, such as why the patients come to their facility, their symptoms, and medication that patients are currently taking. They mu…Read more
Medical Assistant Tasks
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Interview and record patients' medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Collect, prepare and log blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- May assist with administrative duties including scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes.
Popular Employer Salaries for Medical Assistant
The top respondents for the job title Medical Assistant are from the companies Planned Parenthood, Kaiser Permanente and Mercy Hospital. Reported salaries are highest at Kaiser Permanente where the average pay is $21.48. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Cleveland Clinic Health Systems and Banner Health, earning around $15.56 and $15.23, respectively. Family Practice Group pays the lowest at around $13.42. Mercy Hospital and Planned Parenthood also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $13.79 and $15.06, respectively.
Medical Assistant Job Listings
Related Job Salaries
$11 - $21
$10 - $16
$12 - $25
$12 - $29
$22 - $41
$16 - $25
$10 - $22
$14 - $31
$10 - $17