Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Assistant is $11.58
What Do Medical Assistants Do?
Most of the time, medical assistants work in doctors’ offices, hospitals, or medical clinics. They prepare treatment rooms to make sure that they are clean. They walk patients from waiting rooms to examination or treatment rooms. They interview patients. They take patients’ vital signs, such as temperature, weight, and blood pressure. They write down other information, such as why the patients come to their facility, their symptoms, and medication that patients are currently taking. They …Read more
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Interview and record patients' medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Collect, prepare and log blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- May assist with administrative duties including scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes.