Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Interpreter is $22.00
What Do Medical Interpreters Do?
Medical interpreters offer language-translation services to patients who lack sufficient English-speaking skills to effectively communicate with doctors and other medical personnel, and they also translate English to other languages to help medical professionals communicate with non-English speaking patients. They focus primarily on translating speech, but may also translate written medical documents to and from English on occasion. With more immigrants and refugees coming from other countries …Read more
- Respond to requests for interpretation and translation services in the health care setting.
- Assist health care providers in understanding patient's culture as it relates to health service interaction.
- Ensure the patient and the healthcare provider understand the questions, answers, and instructions transmitted by the speaker.
- Interpret accurately and directly given the idiomatic differences of languages.
- Interpret information regarding the patient's and family's medical needs including consent for treatment, history and physical assessment, and more.