Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Office Coordinator is $17.55
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Office Coordinators?
An entry-level Medical Office Coordinator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.36 based on 15 salaries. An early career Medical Office Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.95 based on 83 …Read more
What Do Medical Office Coordinators Do?
Medical office coordinators are full-time positions that include extensive secretarial work in a medical environment. Day-to-day tasks include large amounts of administrative duties such as handling invoices and reimbursement, transcription, scheduling, and communications including e-mail, fax, paging, and phone calls. The position also has many clinical duties, such as assisting patients with records and paperwork, resolving patient conflicts, scheduling tests and appointments, and relaying …Read more
- Coordinate the daily medical service operations of a health organization.
- Coordinate scheduling activities for staff and adjust workload accordingly.
- Develop and implement new programs for both medical staff and patients alike.
- Hire, train, direct, and assess the performance of office personnel.
- Communicate between the community and medical professionals to determine needed services, increase awareness of programs, and improve PR.