Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Records Secretary is $13.94
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Records Secretaries?
An entry-level Medical Records Secretary with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.03 based on 10 salaries. An early career Medical Records Secretary with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.98 based on 21 …Read more
What Do Medical Records Secretaries Do?
A medical records secretary provides administrative support to doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals. There are several different settings in which a medical records secretary may work. A medical records secretary may work at a local doctor's office, a university hospital, or an emergency care facility. Medical records secretaries should be skilled in both written and verbal communication since they greet and deal with the public regularly. Recordkeeping skills and strict adherence …Read more
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Provide administrative support, such as budget preparation, record keeping and reporting.
- Receive and route messages and documents to appropriate staff.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.