Medical Scheduling Secretary Salary
|Hourly Rate||$11.05 - $20.06|
|Total Pay (||$23,372 - $48,091|
Job Description for Medical Scheduling Secretary
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Medical Scheduling Secretary Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Pay by Experience for a Medical Scheduling Secretary has a positive trend. An entry-level Medical Scheduling Secretary with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $27,000 based on 15 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Medical Scheduling Secretary with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $32,000 based on 29 salaries. An experienced Medical Scheduling Secretary which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $35,000 based on 9 salaries. A Medical Scheduling Secretary with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $32,000 based on 10 salaries.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 6 votes.