Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Scribe is $12.89
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scribes?
An entry-level Medical Scribe with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.48 based on 164 salaries. An early career Medical Scribe with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.96 based on 562 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Medical Scribes Do?
Medical scribes perform a wide variety of transcription related tasks such as inputting patient data (such as history or symptoms), recording examination results, and preparing charts Depending on the facility and company, this may involve electronic forms of documentation or physical paperwork, but organizing and cataloging are generally a large part of the job. The daily operations of the position involve close work with physicians and other employees in the medical environment. Medical …Read more
- Document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician accurately and thoroughly.
- Perform clerical tasks as needed by the physician including faxing, phone calls, referral letters.
- Collect, organize, and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality initiatives to increase patient compliance and improve outcomes.
- Comply with all legal and ethical requirements for medical documentation.
- Alert physician when medical record is incomplete or medical documentation contains mistakes or inconsistencies .