Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Scribe is $15.72
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scribes?
An entry-level Medical Scribe with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.00 based on 6 salaries. An early career Medical Scribe with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.48 based on 6 salaries.
What Do Medical Scribes Do?
Medical scribes perform a wide variety of transcription related tasks such as inputting patient data (such as history or symptoms), recording examination results, and preparing charts Depending on the facility and company, this may involve electronic forms of documentation or physical paperwork, but organizing and cataloging are generally a large part of the job. The daily operations of the position involve close work with physicians and other employees in the medical environment. Medical …Read more
- Document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician accurately and thoroughly.
- Perform clerical tasks as needed by the physician including faxing, phone calls, referral letters.
- Collect, organize, and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality initiatives to increase patient compliance and improve outcomes.
- Comply with all legal and ethical requirements for medical documentation.
- Alert physician when medical record is incomplete or medical documentation contains mistakes or inconsistencies .
FAQs About Medical Scribes
What is the highest pay for Medical Scribes in Phoenix?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Medical Scribe in Phoenix is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Medical Scribes in Phoenix?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Medical Scribe in Phoenix is $NaN / hour
How can Medical Scribes increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Medical Scribe is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Medical Scribe that oversees more junior Medical Scribes, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.