Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Merchandising Assistant is $16.05
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Merchandising Assistants?
An entry-level Merchandising Assistant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.73 based on 37 salaries. An early career Merchandising Assistant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.46 based on 147 …Read more
What Do Merchandising Assistants Do?
For any sales operation, it is important to keep track of how products are purchased, advertised, and sold to efficiently maintain inventory and meet customers' needs. Larger firms often create merchandising departments specifically dedicated to this task, within which are various managers who oversee areas such as maintaining product lines, purchasing, advertisement, vendor relationships, and customer service. Merchandising assistants are responsible for providing administrative support to …Read more
- Maintain and reconcile accounts, creating invoices and sending checks.
- Enter, validate and authorize data.
- Analyze data, write reports and create documents and presentations.
- Update and maintain product catalog and descriptions, working with suppliers.
- Coordinate meetings, organize calendars and create and send correspondence.