Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a News Anchor is $71,216
What Do News Anchors Do?
News anchors generally are responsible for presenting local, national and/or world news to the public. They generally work in a studio to produce TV or radio news programs, although they sometimes report or anchor programs from the scene of the broadcast's subject. The news anchor often reads compiled news stories from a teleprompter, as well as conducts on-air interviews with the subjects of news, experts and reporter colleagues as needed. They also react to breaking news as it emerges, …Read more
- Present both live and pre-recorded daily news stories in a professional manner on television.
- Send timely updates via social media to engage the viewing audience and keep them informed.
- Venture into the field to cover live events and unfolding stories as they happen.
- Cover breaking news stories in real time and follow along with updates.
- Research and develop news stories from the idea stages to a written script.