Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Nurse Care Coordinator is $72,561
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Nurse Care Coordinators?
An early career Nurse Care Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $62,749 based on 15 salaries. A mid-career Nurse Care Coordinator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $68,575 based on 16 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Nurse Care Coordinators Do?
Nurse care coordinators work intermittently with patients in need of health care and help to find the best-possible treatments for their illnesses. They may also greet patients, educate them about their role as a coordinator, and discuss treatment plans that may involve medications, surgery, and other procedures.
Nurse care coordinators typically spend their days greeting patients in a health care facility and delivering medications, making rounds, documenting health changes, evaluating …Read more
- Maintain departmental day-to-day clinical activities, monitor and prioritize staff workflow and schedules of home visits.
- Evaluate patient needs and develop care plans.
- Assess care environment for safety risks, reporting and remediating dangers as necessary.
- Confer with physician during referral process.
- Act as liaison between primary care, physicians, and alternative care facility.