Outpatient Scheduler Salary
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$23,356 - $39,152|
|Hourly Rate||$11.31 - $18.77|
|Overtime||$7.21 - $36.12|
|Total Pay (||$23,356 - $39,152|
Job Description for Outpatient Scheduler
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Outpatient Scheduler Job Listings
Popular Skills for Outpatient Scheduler
Professional skills reported by Outpatient Schedulers are few in number. Most notably, skills in Medical Terminology, Scheduling, Customer Service, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that seem to negatively impact pay include Insurance. Those familiar with Customer Service also tend to know Insurance.
Pay by Experience Level for Outpatient Scheduler
Pay by Experience for an Outpatient Scheduler has a positive trend. An entry-level Outpatient Scheduler with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $29,000 based on 96 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. An Outpatient Scheduler with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $32,000 based on 44 salaries. An experienced Outpatient Scheduler which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $31,000 based on 23 salaries. An Outpatient Scheduler with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $34,000 based on 6 salaries.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Outpatient Scheduler
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 23 votes.