Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant is $20.00
What Do Paralegal / Legal Assistants Do?
A paralegal (also known as a legal assistant) works in a law office for one or more attorneys to assist them in the execution of their practice. Many times a paralegal will be called upon to type written notes or transcribe recordings of meetings or telephone calls. A paralegal must also be organized and comfortable with research and document drafting; they also must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
In many operations, the attorneys may turn to their legal assistants …Read more
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents.