Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant is $15.04
What Do Paralegal / Legal Assistants Do?
A paralegal (also known as a legal assistant) works in a law office for one or more attorneys to assist them in the execution of their practice. Many times a paralegal will be called upon to type written notes or transcribe recordings of meetings or telephone calls. A paralegal must also be organized and comfortable with research and document drafting; they also must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
In many operations, the attorneys may turn to their legal assistants …Read more
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents.
FAQs About Paralegal / Legal Assistants
What is the highest pay for Paralegal / Legal Assistants in Crown Point?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant in Crown Point is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Paralegal / Legal Assistants in Crown Point?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant in Crown Point is $NaN / hour
How can Paralegal / Legal Assistants increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Paralegal / Legal Assistant is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Paralegal / Legal Assistant that oversees more junior Paralegal / Legal Assistants, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.