Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Patient Advocate is $16.87
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Patient Advocates?
An entry-level Patient Advocate with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.03 based on 81 salaries. An early career Patient Advocate with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.26 based on 407 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Patient Advocates Do?
Patient advocates assist patients being treated at a medical facility, and they help answer any questions or concerns the patients may have regarding their care and the health care system. The patient advocate acts as a liaison, facilitating communication between the patient and medical professional during the patient's stay in the health care facility. The advocate's duties vary depending on their employer, but they generally include interacting with newly admitted patients, documenting and …Read more
- Serve as intermediary between health care organization and patients, and patients' relatives in resolving patient care problems.
- Prepare incident reports for potential legal issues.
- Describe and interpret health care procedures and policies to patients.
- Convey questions, complaints, problems, and concerns of patients to proper personnel.
- Resolve patients' complaints and grievances.