Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Patient Care Coordinator is $18.22
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Patient Care Coordinators?
An early career Patient Care Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.35 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Patient Care Coordinator with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.37 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Patient Care Coordinators Do?
A patient care coordinator works in collaboration with the doctor, clinical nurse specialist (CNS), and treatment team. They formulate, develop, and revise treatment plans. The care coordinator must be able to prioritize and coordinate treatment activities, as well as interview patients and loved ones to gather information for assessments and complete them accurately.
Patient care coordinators prove continuity of care by ensuring a smooth transition between care settings. They develop a …Read more
- Perform analytical and data entry tasks.
- Answer patient calls, emails and questions, including finding answers and insurance estimates.
- Confidentially manage patient accounts, including contact information, insurance, and financial information.
- Schedule patient visits and answer pre-visit questions, including about billing and preparation.
- Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.