Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Patient Care Manager is $69,004
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Patient Care Managers?
An entry-level Patient Care Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $61,279 based on 16 salaries. An early career Patient Care Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,417 based on 157 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Patient Care Managers Do?
Patient care managers oversee patient care for their organization, typically a health care facility such as a hospital, assisted living facility, or medical center. They oversee faculty, providing guidance, training, and discipline as appropriate; they must also ensure operations re as effective and efficient as possible while not compromising patient care. Additionally, patient care managers must communicate effectively with patients and their families as needed.
Other duties may include …Read more
- Responsible for quality of care administered to patients in area of responsibility at all hours.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, departments and support services to assure and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate professional management and leadership in the clinical practice of nursing.
- Work collaboratively and take direction from nursing leadership on nursing strategies.
- Provide leadership and direction of operations, administration, evaluation of patient care and evaluation of employees.