Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Penetration Tester is $102,510
What Do Penetration Testers Do?
The integrity of internal systems connected with the wider Internet is crucial to the operations of many organizations, from financial institutions to health care companies to government agencies. Organizations often employ cybersecurity experts to help protect their vital systems from malicious attacks. One of the basic tasks that must be accomplished to secure a system is to find where vulnerabilities exist. The penetration tester uses a wide variety of tools (some of which may be …Read more
- Conduct IT/Cyber Security assessments / penetration tests (hands-on work), as an individual, self-managed tester, or in small project teams.
- Work with customers to determine their need for security assessments, present and explain the employed methodology, and support them with feedback and verification during mitigation.
- Document findings for management and technical staff and recommend mitigating actions.
- Follow industry best practice methodologies for penetration testing, and be able to use tools for a basis level assessment.
- Search for security vulnerabilities in web applications, fat/thin client applications, and standard applications, and assess the secure configuration of operating systems and network devices.
FAQs About Penetration Testers
What is the highest pay for Penetration Testers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Penetration Tester is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Penetration Testers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Penetration Tester is $NaN / year
How can Penetration Testers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Penetration Tester is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Penetration Tester that oversees more junior Penetration Testers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.