Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Pharmacist is $93,184
What Do Pharmacists Do?
Pharmacists work primarily for pharmacies and drugstores; however, hospitals and medical clinics may employ their own pharmacists to dispense drugs directly to patients. Pharmacists who work for hospitals must analyze both in-patient and out-patient medication, so close attention to detail is very important in this position to ensure the accuracy of filled prescriptions.
In addition to filling prescriptions from medical doctors, pharmacists must also be able to decide what medication is …Read more
- Educate patient on medication use, storage and side effects.
- Solicit information from patients regarding past and current medication to prevent drug interactions.
- May collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Dispense and review prescriptions to ensure accuracy, and compliance with professional, state and federal regulatory requirements.