Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Photographer is $62,857
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Photographers?
A mid-career Photographer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $70,500 based on 6 salaries. An experienced Photographer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $73,661 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Photographers Do?
Photographers use their creative and technical capabilities to capture photos of people, places, and things. Photographers generally spend a great deal of time coming up with ways to market their skills to the public, and they are often hired to take photos at memorable events such as weddings, birthdays, and graduations. They usually have in-depth knowledge of photo editing software which may or may not be used to enhance pictures. It is also common for photographers to offer photo album …Read more
- Take pictures either in studio or on location.
- Work with clients or workplace teams to create photographic images.
- Use creative knowledge to compose photographs.
- Review sets of photographs to select the best work.
- Operate various types of photographic and computer equipment to create photographic images.