Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Privacy Officer is $103,968
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Privacy Officers?
An early career Privacy Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $72,032 based on 41 salaries. A mid-career Privacy Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $95,000 based on 39 salaries. In their late career (20 years …Read more
What Do Privacy Officers Do?
- Audit compliance to privacy policies, reporting on findings.
- Answer questions about privacy, regulations, laws, and reporting.
- Assist with and conduct risk assessments and risk reduction strategies.
- Respond to breaches and privacy problems, working to mitigate exposure.
- Train and educate staff and vendors on privacy policies, explaining consequences.