Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Process Server is $17.08
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Process Servers?
An entry-level Process Server with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.39 based on 17 salaries. An early career Process Server with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.46 based on 59 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Process Servers Do?
In civil and even sometimes criminal litigation, lawyers or the court may require the presence of a person to testify or provide evidence in a case. In these situations, a process server is utilized to ensure that the person or entity whose presence is required is fully aware of that fact. The process server delivers documents and notifications, typically face-to-face, to meet obligations of the court for this notifications process.
While some process servers make work as self-employed …Read more
- Serve subpoenas regarding legal cases.
- Maintain and complete subpoena logs and certificates of service.
- Prepare related legal documents, correspondence, and status reports.
- Contact clients and locate witnesses.
- Conduct jail visits to perform initial defense advisements to persons charged with criminal charges.