Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Procurement Clerk is $16.42
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Procurement Clerks?
An entry-level Procurement Clerk with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.03 based on 11 salaries. An early career Procurement Clerk with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.59 based on 59 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Procurement Clerks Do?
Procurement clerks take purchasing orders from various departments within a company and then make these purchases from vendors, as well as write purchase orders and requests for notes. In some jobs, bargaining is necessary in order to obtain materials at the best rates. They may also occasionally be responsible for filing warranties and executing them when necessary.
Strong interpersonal skills are important in order to work well with vendors and foster relationships with them. These clerks …Read more
- Monitor inventory quantity and items, making new purchases when necessary.
- Contact suppliers to resolve shipment problems.
- Determine order costs, compile cost reports, and forward invoices to correct accounts.
- Receive new supplies, track packages and monitor on time delivery, quality, and accuracy.
- Prepare purchase orders and sends orders to suppliers.