What Do Produce Stocker (Grocery)s Do?
A produce stocker is someone who works in a grocery store or supermarket and helps to keep the vegetables and fruit on display in the produce section looking fresh at all times. This worker also assists with rotation of the product and may be asked to help with some quality assurance. Finally, most produce stockers play a role in receiving, helping to maintain computer logs that detail when each type of fruit and vegetable arrives and it is put out for sale. The biggest part of the produce stock…Read more
- Fill customer order by obtaining items from shelves, freezers, coolers, bins, tables or containers.
- Clean shelves, bins, cases, tables and coolers.
- Engage in suggestive selling methods.
- Bag or wrap purchases for customer or for display.
- Rotate product according to company methods and procedures.