Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Product Development Specialist is $57,844
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Product Development Specialists?
An entry-level Product Development Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $47,700 based on 26 salaries. An early career Product Development Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $53,642 …Read more
What Do Product Development Specialists Do?
A product development specialist's main job is to develop products, strategies, and business plans for upcoming products within their company. They watch the market trends to develop plans that will increase sales, establish deadlines, and ensure the product development teams are on schedule. Product development specialists need to communicate with other departments and vendors on the status of the product, as well as provide clear guidelines for the project and solicit and incorporate …Read more
- Design, execute, and manage projects.
- Research and compile reports on the state of the industry, trend forecasts, and competitive analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational guidelines and objectives for the product portfolio.
- Develop prototypes and document product specifications.
- Evaluate consumer preferences using internal tools and turn them into recommendations for product enhancement or innovation.