Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Product Engineer is $67,500
What Do Product Engineers Do?
Product engineers design and create products, either for the consumer sector or various industries, and also analyze the market and competing products in order to determine customers' needs.
Product engineers must be familiar with all parts of the product development cycle and up-to-date with all new technological advancements. Once a product idea has been crafted, feasibility analyses should be carried out to determine if a budget exists for the product and its potential to be profitable. …Read more
- Coordinate prototype submissions and new part approvals.
- Liaison with technical staff and its affiliates on technical issues.
- Maintain and support in-house testing.
- Maintain and support field test programs.
- Support sales and marketing on product and customer issues.