Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Product Engineer is $73,899
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Product Engineers?
An early career Product Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $71,652 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Product Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $74,679 based on 11 salaries.
What Do Product Engineers Do?
Product engineers design and create products, either for the consumer sector or various industries, and also analyze the market and competing products in order to determine customers' needs.
Product engineers must be familiar with all parts of the product development cycle and up-to-date with all new technological advancements. Once a product idea has been crafted, feasibility analyses should be carried out to determine if a budget exists for the product and its potential to be profitable. …Read more
- Coordinate prototype submissions and new part approvals.
- Liaison with technical staff and its affiliates on technical issues.
- Maintain and support in-house testing.
- Maintain and support field test programs.
- Support sales and marketing on product and customer issues.