Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education is $88,346
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Educations?
An entry-level Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $60,116 based on 34 salaries. An early career Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Educations Do?
The job of a professor at the postsecondary or higher education level involves not only lecturing and teaching students in the classroom, but working with them to develop research, dissertations, or thesis-based papers as well. A professor also must be able to perform research, collect and analyze data, and examine original documents, literature, and other source material.
In the classroom, a professor must be able to effectively present or guide lectures, exercises, and sometimes …Read more
- Perform research to expand knowledge by performing experiments, collecting and analyzing data, or examining original documents, literature, and other source material.
- Keep up with developments in an academic field.
- Supervise graduate students' teaching and research.
- Publish research findings.
- Prepare lectures, exercises and laboratory experiments; grade exams and papers; advise and work with students individually.