The average salary for an Early-Career Psychologist with Patient Counseling skills is $74,032.
Is Psychologist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$52k - $111k
$0 - $5k
$41k - $121k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Psychologist
Psychologists employ their education and knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) to provide diagnostic interviews, psychological testing, and individual and group psychotherapy. They may work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and consult with other professionals regarding patient care. These other professionals vary depending upon the type of psychologist. For instance, a school psychologist may work with teachers, social workers, counselors, and doctors…Read more
- Conduct psychological exams, providing recommendations about courses of treatment and diagnosis.
- Participate in and recruit for applied research in psychology.
- Respond to crises with appropriate interventions and change treatment plans to respond to changing circumstances.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests and measurements, and document results internally and for patients.
- Guide patients through treatment regimens like behavior modification, psychotherapy, and group therapy.
Psychologist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Psychologist
Skills that pay less than market rate include Forensic Psychology, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Clinical Supervision, Counseling and Clinical Psychology.
Pay by Experience Level for Psychologist
An entry-level Psychologist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,183 based on 7 salaries. A mid-career Psychologist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $85,000 based on 18 salaries. An experienced Psychologist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $80,383 based on 32 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $87,138.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 79 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$19k - $41k
$30k - $58k
$41k - $102k
$43k - $89k
$44k - $170k
$32k - $70k
$34k - $60k
$54k - $135k
$42k - $77k
$42k - $76k