The average hourly pay for a Purchaser in Tulsa, Oklahoma is $18.88.
Is Purchaser your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $19
$41,230 - $55,535
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Purchaser
A purchaser is responsible for coordinating purchases of various products and services for their company. They order supplies, inventory, equipment, and services for all departments in the company. They also have to ensure that they are keeping costs under control while not sacrificing quality in the items and services they buy. They submit purchase orders in accordance with their company's policies and also verify that the order has been placed and that delivery has occurred. They also reconc…Read more
- Procure and contract for goods and services in a specific industry.
- Take corrective action when defective goods are received.
- Inventory existing property and conduct audits.
- Test and evaluate sample products, draw up and approve requisitions, and ensure adequate supply.
- Research and identify vendors, and negotiate to achieve desired quality, price, and timetables.
Purchaser Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Purchaser in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 8.5% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Seattle, Washington (2.6% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Houston, Texas (17.0% less), Minneapolis, Minnesota (10.0% less) and Phoenix, Arizona (8.5% less).
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $22
$12 - $25
$12 - $30
$10 - $22
$14 - $31
$15 - $127
$15 - $21
$14 - $28