Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Quality Manager is $79,497
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Quality Managers?
An early career Quality Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $85,000 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Quality Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $92,667 based on 15 salaries. An experienced Quality Manager …Read more
What Do Quality Managers Do?
A quality manager ensures that a company's products meet client or consumer demands. The specific daily duties for quality managers can vary depending on the manager's company; however, they may include directing and advising employees and checking products to ensure their quality throughout the production process. If an item doesn't meet quality standards, the quality manager must catch the mistake and correct it immediately. In addition, a professional in this field meets with a company’s …Read more
- Work with line managers to identify and reach quality benchmarks.
- Report on quality and safety at production facilities for each product.
- Track warrantee, auditing, and customer feedback to improve process integrity.
- Ensure that safety and quality measures are implemented on time and in accordance with regulations.
- Inspect products, processes, and metrics to find opportunities to improve quality.