Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) is $78,338
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)s?
An entry-level Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $64,322 based on 9 salaries. An early career Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,496 based …Read more
What Do Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)s Do?
The position of a radiation safety officer (RSO) is employed primarily by companies in the health care and medical research industries. Most companies are searching for applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Health Physics, although some prefer Master's degrees and others will accept Associate's degrees. The amount of experience required also varies, as some organizations require as little as two years of experience while others may prefer up to twelve.
Radiation safety officers must be …Read more
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Investigate and monitor any over exposure incidents.
- Plan and coordinate radiation safety sessions.
- Track and record all radioactive materials or sources and oversee transportation.
- Perform regular safety audits, tests and leak surveys.