Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Restaurant Host/Hostess is $9.92
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Restaurant Host/Hostesses?
An entry-level Restaurant Host/Hostess with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $9.44 based on 457 salaries. An early career Restaurant Host/Hostess with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $9.96 based on 1,231 …Read more
What Do Restaurant Host/Hostesses Do?
Many different categories of restaurant employ host and hostesses. Typical job responsibilities of a restaurant host or hostess include greeting and welcoming the customer upon entry to the restaurant, as well as seating customers at the first available table and keeping an accurate and organized waiting list. They also must give customers an accurate expectation of how long they will wait to be seated.
They are responsible for meeting any customers' needs and attending to any outstanding …Read more
- Greet customers and answer questions about timing, menus, and the restaurant.
- Provide information about specials and changes to the menu.
- Assist staff with maintaining a clean and efficient restaurant.
- Answer the phones and email and take reservations.
- Seat customers at available tables and provide the menu.