Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Safety Manager is $75,000
What Do Safety Managers Do?
A safety manager ensures workplace safety, with the goal of reducing injury and related legal issues. This role is found in many different industries, including in outdoor settings; for example, safety managers commonly are needed on construction sites where manual labor and the operation of heavy machinery occur. A typical day in the role of a safety manager may be split among working on a site to oversee a project or it may be conducted in an office, making calls, and resolving certain health …Read more
- Participate in the development of safety and health policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable laws governing environmental health and safety.
- Conduct and coordinate safety inspections.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries, and cooperate in the preparation of material for hearings and insurance investigations.
- Design and train all levels of employees.