Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Security Analyst is $80,000
What Do Security Analysts Do?
Aspiring security analysts should be experienced in cybersecurity and able to succeed in a fast-paced, constantly-changing work environment, as security analysts work to maintain the integrity of company networks, as well as diagnose and quickly resolve network problems as they arise. They must be able to proactively identify risks to the network and promptly address and neutralize these threats, and knowledge of security log fundamentals is essential. Prior experience with escalation patterns, …Read more
- Conduct daily project coordination of assigned accounts.
- Give security advice and guidance to technical contacts.
- Guide clients in defining and implementing overall security strategy, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage status calls with each assigned account.
- Perform security assessments, risk analysis and vulnerability testing and reviews.
FAQs About Security Analysts
What is the highest pay for Security Analysts?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Security Analyst is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Security Analysts?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Security Analyst is $NaN / year
How can Security Analysts increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Security Analyst is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Security Analyst that oversees more junior Security Analysts, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.