Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Security Analyst is $52,840
What Do Security Analysts Do?
Aspiring security analysts should be experienced in cybersecurity and able to succeed in a fast-paced, constantly-changing work environment, as security analysts work to maintain the integrity of company networks, as well as diagnose and quickly resolve network problems as they arise. They must be able to proactively identify risks to the network and promptly address and neutralize these threats, and knowledge of security log fundamentals is essential. Prior experience with escalation patterns, …Read more
- Conduct daily project coordination of assigned accounts.
- Give security advice and guidance to technical contacts.
- Guide clients in defining and implementing overall security strategy, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage status calls with each assigned account.
- Perform security assessments, risk analysis and vulnerability testing and reviews.