Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Security Director, Computing / Networking / Information Technology is $151,966
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Security Director, Computing / Networking / Information Technologies?
An early career Security Director, Computing / Networking / Information Technology with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $88,983 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Security Director, Computing / Networking / Information Technology with 5-9 years of experience …Read more
What Do Security Director, Computing / Networking / Information Technologies Do?
A security director of computing/networking/information technology is a high-level manager who generally oversees the safe and secure handling of all company data and messages. He/she works to implement and maintain data-sharing systems throughout an organization, as well as develop procedures and rules regarding the use of company IT equipment. These directors constantly evaluate the effectiveness of security protocols and software and evolve their functional controls to help keep the …Read more
- Hire, review, and fire non-management employees.
- Work with senior management to design and implement security master plan.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate internal information technology security, including technology, software, policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards.
- Act as resource for security technical information and problem solving.
- Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a department/group/team.