The average hourly pay for a Security Officer in Mesa, Arizona is $12.21.
Is Security Officer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$11 - $15
$23,943 - $31,290
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Security Officer
Security officers are responsible for maintaining the overall security of a property. Security officers use many different tactics to prevent theft, vandalism, and damage to properties. They may patrol the property in a vehicle and may maintain records of who enters or leaves the property, either at a front desk or a front gate. They may keep track of signing visitors in and out and monitor incoming deliveries. Security officers generally assist with providing guests with information and directi…Read more
Security Officer Tasks
- Guard and monitor premises to prevent theft, property destruction, violence or rules and safety violations.
- Perform fire prevention, safety and maintenance tasks and parking/traffic enforcement.
- Greet incoming guests and tenants, providing information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations.
- Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
Security Officer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Security Officer in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 17.0% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Las Vegas, Nevada (13.3% more) and Los Angeles, California (7.1% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Orlando, Florida (10.7% less), Atlanta, Georgia (10.4% less) and Houston, Texas (4.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.