The average salary for an Experienced Senior Attorney in Los Angeles, California is $149,451.
Is Senior Attorney your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$100k - $200k
$0 - $15k
$102k - $209k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Attorney
A great deal of legal work, including both civil and criminal litigation, is done with teams of lawyers. A senior attorney is the person who helps to manage such teams. He or she is normally a partner in a firm or a high-level specialist retained by one. The senior attorney typically directs the preparations of the team in representing a client. The senior attorney also represents the team when meeting with the legal representatives from the adversarial side of a case. Should the case be argued …Read more
Senior Attorney Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Senior Attorney Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Senior Attorney
A mid-career Senior Attorney with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $109,875 based on 10 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $159,000.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Senior Attorney in their job title in Redmond, Washington earn an average of 33.6% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Seattle, Washington (15.7% more) and Washington, District of Columbia (7.1% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (23.1% less), Atlanta, Georgia (21.8% less) and San Diego, California (13.0% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 16 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$50k - $157k
$32k - $70k
$33k - $70k
$50k - $123k
$42k - $76k
$44k - $170k
$48k - $111k
$34k - $69k
$54k - $135k