The average salary for a Senior Attorney with Intellectual Property (IP) skills is $157,792.
Is Senior Attorney your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$82k - $198k
$2k - $40k
$0 - $5k
$98k - $237k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Attorney
A great deal of legal work, including both civil and criminal litigation, is done with teams of lawyers. A senior attorney is the person who helps to manage such teams. He or she is normally a partner in a firm or a high-level specialist retained by one. The senior attorney typically directs the preparations of the team in representing a client. The senior attorney also represents the team when meeting with the legal representatives from the adversarial side of a case. Should the case be argued …Read more
Senior Attorney Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Senior Attorney Job Listings
Popular Skills for Senior Attorney
Litigation Case Management
Skills that pay less than market rate include Legal Research, Negotiation, Legal Compliance, Contract Negotiation and Litigation Case Management.
Pay by Experience Level for Senior Attorney
An early career Senior Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $98,264 based on 3 salaries. A mid-career Senior Attorney with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $106,444 based on 4 salaries. An experienced Senior Attorney with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $170,361 based on 13 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 20 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$50k - $157k
$32k - $70k
$33k - $70k
$49k - $122k
$42k - $76k
$44k - $170k
$34k - $68k
$48k - $111k
$54k - $134k