The average salary for a Mid-Career Senior Attorney with Contract Negotiation skills is $119,896.
Is Senior Attorney your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$88k - $178k
$1k - $30k
$0 - $23k
$91k - $200k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Attorney
A great deal of legal work, including both civil and criminal litigation, is done with teams of lawyers. A senior attorney is the person who helps to manage such teams. He or she is normally a partner in a firm or a high-level specialist retained by one. The senior attorney typically directs the preparations of the team in representing a client. The senior attorney also represents the team when meeting with the legal representatives from the adversarial side of a case. Should the case be argued …Read more
Senior Attorney Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Explore the most common career paths for Senior Attorney. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Senior Attorney Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Senior Attorney
Litigation Case Management
Skills that pay less than market rate include Negotiation, People Management, Legal Research, Legal Compliance and Litigation Case Management.
Pay by Experience Level for Senior Attorney
An early career Senior Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $98,870 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Senior Attorney with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $142,367 based on 65 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $171,022.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 103 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$50k - $157k
$32k - $70k
$33k - $70k
$50k - $123k
$42k - $76k
$44k - $170k
$34k - $69k
$48k - $111k
$54k - $135k